To develop competent and capable civil engineering diploma students by providing them quality technical education for fulfilling basic human needs of the society as a civil engineer.
1. To provide knowledge of various civil engineering aspects and skills based practices .
2. To make aware of modern technique and method to emerge as acceptable civil engineer in the dynamic and competitive environment
3. To impart knowledge with emphasis on the development of leadership qualities in students.
4. To provide state-of-the-art resources that contributes to a congenial learning environment.
5. To encourage students to pursue higher education and take competitive exams and various career enhancing courses.
6. To establish centers of excellence in emerging areas of production and research.
7. To have regular interaction with industry and offer solutions to their problems.
About Civil Engineering
Civil Engineering is a professional engineering discipline that deals with the design, construction, and maintenance of the physical and naturally built environment, including works like roads, bridges, canals, dams, and buildings. Civil engineering is the second-oldest engineering discipline after military engineering, and it is defined to distinguish non-military engineering from military engineering
It is traditionally broken into several sub-disciplines including architectural engineering, environmental engineering, geotechnical engineering, control engineering, structural engineering, earthquake engineering, transportation engineering, forensic engineering, municipal or urban engineering, water resources engineering, materials engineering, wastewater engineering, offshore engineering, aerospace engineering, facade engineering, quantity surveying, coastal engineering, construction surveying, and construction engineering. Civil Engineering takes place in the public sector from municipal through to national governments, and in the private sector from individual homeowners through to international companies.
Infrastructure & Laboratory facilities
Material Testing (Strength of Material) Lab
Concrete and Construction Lab
Environmental Engineering Lab
Apart from the curriculam oriented activities, we are also involved in testing the quality of materials and doing Survey works for different agencies /organizations.
Hos - 1
Lecturers - 4
Demonstrators - 2
Trade Instructors - 2
Tradesman - 2
To review the teaching effectiveness and to discuss the problems concerning any course in a semester, also to discuss any other academic issue a departmental committee is functioning in the department. The Committee consists of a faculty advisor, 3 student representatives and the Head of Section as the Convenor.